Sunday, March 15, 2009

RicochetScience Goes Twittering


The sign of a true geek is their desire to try out new tech - after all, new e-toys are like crack to a geek... and I am no exception. Although I have been a little slow in seeing the benefits of Twitter, I am beginning to come around. At first I thought that it might just be the next generation of social text messages, but now I am starting to see it in a new light - a new form of scientific communication.

Although I will always be a geneticist at heart, my research interests now focus on how to effectively communicate information quickly to students and interest groups. Obviously blogs are a component of that communication, but I also am experimenting with eBooks, Kindle, Nings, and Wiggios (these are for textbook development mostly). RicochetScience is already on Facebook.... and I am sure that there is more to come.

So if you have an interest in following some of the latest developments in science, with a strong focus on genetics, then go ahead and subscribe to my twitter post, RicochetScience. At least once a week I will send out posts about some of the more interesting stories in the news, and maybe a few links back to this site as well. Please feel free to email me at any time about your comments, good or bad - feedback is important!

And I promise you... you won't have to read any posts about what I am doing right now...

No comments: